Lower Big Creek Valley
From The Master Plan - Old Brooklyn Community Development Corporation
The Lower Big Creek Greenway Redevelopment and Restoration Plan includes a number of recommendations for environmental remediation and land reuse.
- Construct trail connectors through the Lower Big Creek Valley.
- Establish a riparian zone and enhanced floodplain to allow for storage of storm water in specific locations along the Lower Big Creek.
- Maintain a minimum buffer area along the Creek, where appropriate.
- Encourage/require businesses to relocate fences, paving, and outdoor storage areas to be outside the riparian zone.
- Relocate selected industrial uses from environmentally sensitive land areas in the Valley.
- Establish a camping facility on the north side of the Lower Big Creek, north of the CSX tracks, west of Jennings Road.